Congratulations on your decision to explore the benefits of a managed print solution for your organization!
Your Print Savings Estimate includes the following office printing statistics;
Here’s the formula used to prepare the estimate based on the number of office employees you entered.
- Average tree produces 8333 sheets of paper
- Typical office worker prints 10,000 sheets of paper per year
- Common desktop laser printer produces 100 pounds of waste per year
- Unmanaged print environments have one printer for every 2.7 workers
- Typical cost per page is 3.96 cents
(assumes 80% monochrome @ 1.2 cents per page and 20% color @ 15 cents per page)
- Managed print environments tend to save approximately 30% vs unmanaged
- Paper and financial savings is based on 30% reduction
- LMI Zero Landfill recycling program assumes 0 waste vs non-recycled landfill
- Reduce Paper (sheets) = # office employees x 10,000 pages per worker x 30% reduction
- Save Trees (trees)= # office employees x 10,000 sheets per year x 30% x 0.00012(one sheet of paper in a tree)
- Reduce Waste (pounds): # office employees / 2.7 printers = # printers x 100lbs of waste per printer x 70% (assumes 70% of cartridges are returned for recycling)
- Money Saved (dollars) = # office employees x 10,000 prints x 3.96 cents x 30% saved